Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why it looks to me like Mike Williams may just be the Bengals choice.
(04-20-2017, 01:27 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Not to butt in but both of those are horrible comps. i have been saying his player comp has been keenan allen. Allen is a top 10 wr when healthy, ran a 4.71-4.75, and is body catcher more often than not. But lately and i cant believe this wasnt my comp from the beggining is alshon jeffery. Jeffery ran a 4.48-4.53. Mike williams ran a 4.49-4.53. Mccshay clocked him at 4.53. Here is jefferys bottom line.
Jeffery is indeed an elite jump-ball prospect, but his value will be heavily determined by a simple 40 time, as he does not stand out as fast on tape and is such a long strider that he at times looks to be moving in slow motion. Speed will never be his game, but he needs to become more comfortable in his routes to work the corner and truly gain separation. The development of his route running skills will be the key to his success. Jeffery was bit uncoordinated early on in his career and seemingly only began to look comfortable in his body towards the end of his collegiate career. That describes williams in a nut shell. So question is, would you take alshon jeffery?

I'll definitely give you the Alshon Jeffery comparison over Mike Evans. That is more accurate.
And the answer is yes, I would take Alshon Jeffery, but I still want the Bengals to have more speed.
As mentioned in another thread, I would be fine with the Mike Williams selection at 9, but I just prefer a few other players instead of him.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why it looks to me like Mike Williams may just be the Bengals choice. - ochocincos - 04-20-2017, 10:05 AM