Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Trump Signs Bill To Better Veteran Health Care
(04-20-2017, 05:07 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Its a step in the right direction for veterans health care as was the original legislation back in 2014. But they still have a ways to go to clean up and fix the whole VA system.

As someone whose father has to deal with the VA because of CLL derived from exposure to Agent Orange in Vietnam and who has over an hour drive to either of the two nearest VA hospitals, believe me when I say things like this are of a great benefit. But I agree, there is so much more that needs to be done. The hoops that still have to be jumped through in order for him to receive cancer treatments here is astonishing.

He went to an appointment at the local VA community clinic, and they sent him by ambulance to the hospital where he was admitted. Let me reiterate: the doctor and nurses at the VA saw is necessary for him to be emergency transported to the hospital, and the VA will not pay for the hospital visit. He is 100% disabled with the cause being from his time in the service, and they won't pay that bill. So yeah, definite improvements to be made, especially because this does not improve situations like those which I have described.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Signs Bill To Better Veteran Health Care - Belsnickel - 04-20-2017, 05:13 PM