Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McShay predicts Bengals' first 3 picks
(04-20-2017, 11:10 PM)PDub80 Wrote: The Bengals are NOT taking any of the top 3 D-lends first.

Barnett, Allen, and Thomas are all 6-3. The Bengals D-Ends are all 6-6 or taller with the exception of Gilberry.

They want their ends tall with basketball player type builds. It's been this way for many years. They aren't going with a 6-3 DE that high.

Taco Charlton is the one DE, who is rated pretty highly, that I could see them taking.

Regardless, the Bengals need OFFENSIVE reloading more than defensive. I see this being an offense heavy draft big time.

Mike Williams/Corey Davis, Joe Mixon, and then a DE, then Butt from MI. I see that being a possible first 4 picks. but no way do they take a DE that short in the 1st. No way.

According to Guenther they are changing this up and as long as the End can rush the passer that is what matters.

Having long arms is the only thing he spoke of preferring. Getting Chris Smith in the trade with Jacksonville also hints
at this changing as the guy is only like 6'1" but he is a fast pass rusher. I am happy Paulie G is changing this stubborn
way of drafting, i want a Von Miller type, doesn't matter how tall or big they are if they cannot rush the passer.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: McShay predicts Bengals' first 3 picks - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-21-2017, 12:35 PM