Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McShay predicts Bengals' first 3 picks
(04-21-2017, 12:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: According to Guenther they are changing this up and as long as the End can rush the passer that is what matters.

Having long arms is the only thing he spoke of preferring. Getting Chris Smith in the trade with Jacksonville also hints
at this changing as the guy is only like 6'1" but he is a fast pass rusher. I am happy Paulie G is changing this stubborn
way of drafting, i want a Von Miller type, doesn't matter how tall or big they are if they cannot rush the passer.

(04-21-2017, 12:37 PM)Au165 Wrote: As pointed out below, we no longer subscribe to the giant DE. We just traded for a 6'3 DE and Guenther did note that size isn't that big an issue.

Going by the current roster, only 1 DE out of 5 is shorter than 6-6.

The new guy they just brought in is being talked about as a LB, rush end or specialized type of player - not a rotational, regular down DE, which is what you think the Bengals would be looking for with that high of a pick. Plus, they JUST brought in a shorter guy. Why would they now want 3 (assuming Gilberry is on the opening day roster)? That flies in the face of what the Bengals look for in DEs.

I'm not saying I agree with the height requirement. Just pointing out that, REGARDLESS OF A COORDINATOR'S COMMENTS BEFORE THE NFL DRAFT <----- if you're gullible enough to believe him, the Bengals have not kept a DE around shorter than 6-6, save for Gilberry, in many seasons.

BTW, I can't find the article with the Guenther comments you two are referring to. Could you link it to me? Not being a smart ass, I would like to read it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: McShay predicts Bengals' first 3 picks - PDub80 - 04-21-2017, 03:34 PM