Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McShay predicts Bengals' first 3 picks
(04-21-2017, 03:34 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Going by the current roster, only 1 DE out of 5 is shorter than 6-6.

The new guy they just brought in is being talked about as a LB, rush end or specialized type of player - not a rotational, regular down DE, which is what you think the Bengals would be looking for with that high of a pick. Plus, they JUST brought in a shorter guy. Why would they now want 3 (assuming Gilberry is on the opening day roster)? That flies in the face of what the Bengals look for in DEs.

I'm not saying I agree with the height requirement. Just pointing out that, REGARDLESS OF A COORDINATOR'S COMMENTS BEFORE THE NFL DRAFT <----- if you're gullible enough to believe him, the Bengals have not kept a DE around shorter than 6-6, save for Gilberry, in many seasons.

BTW, I can't find the article with the Guenther comments you two are referring to. Could you link it to me? Not being a smart ass, I would like to read it.

Evolution is a crazy thing. How we did stuff in the past doesn't dictate future decisions only how those decisions were made previously. We have broken a lot of personnel and drafting trends in recent years, so to think we could again isn't weird, especially when a coordinator flat out said he doesn't care about the height.

The article was on Bengals.com sometime between January and March, not sure when.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: McShay predicts Bengals' first 3 picks - Au165 - 04-21-2017, 03:43 PM