Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin thinks there's a RB in this draft close to Zeke Elliot in talent
(04-21-2017, 03:19 PM)J24 Wrote: He is a three Down back and perfect for today's spread offense NFL. Bush was an underrated back during his prime and was a 1500 all purpose type back in Detroit. 

Fair enough, but he did struggle to stay healthy and only eclipsed 1000 rushing yards twice in 11 years, never reaching 1100 rushing yards and never having over 300 touches (carries + receptions) any year in the league. Reggie Bush was explosive and a fantastic receiving threat, there's no doubt. But for a #2 overall pick at RB, especially back in 2006, the expectation is to be a workhorse who can average 20+ touches a game and be durable for a whole season. He didn't do that.

To compare in that era, LaDainian Tomlinson played in 15+ games for 8 years (2001-2008) with 292+ carries and 50+ receptions. He was the ideal mold of a complete RB and deserving of a top 10 pick. 215+ lbs, fast, durable, outstanding receiving threat, can run between the tackles or outside. If you say it's unfair to compare Bush to LT, then I'd say you're wrong because the hype he had coming out of college was that everyone expected him to be on the same level as LT in terms of performance.

Maybe you're right regarding McCaffrey. As the league moves more and more toward a spread and using RBBC, the workhorse RBs are becoming more and more rare.

I always compared McCaffrey to Jamaal Charles or Chris Johnson given their electric playmaking ability, outstanding receiving skills, and near-identical height and weight. CJ2K and Charles were originally in a RBBC with a thumper but eventually became workhorse RBs. They produced very well in those roles, but they could only sustain being a workhorse for just a few seasons before injuries starting being a recurring thing. That's why I think McCaffrey would be best used on a team with a thumper/goal line back.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin think there's a RB in this draft close to Zeke Elliot in talent - ochocincos - 04-21-2017, 03:52 PM