Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diplomatic Vandalism--Trump, Tillerson, Iran
(04-20-2017, 10:22 PM)Dill Wrote: Well, you bring up a good point, LL. 

Let me say, though, that I don't see any of the abovementioned conflicts as representing the forces of sheer good vs sheer evil.   I don't define "terror" the way the US administration does.

Most people in the US and Western Europe say Israel has a right to defend itself.  I am not sure what this right is based upon if it means the people whose land they took have no right to defend the little bit they have left. 

I would say that shoving the Palestinians off their land and onto an enclosed reservation like Gaza (an occupied reservation in the case of the West Bank) is also not helping the world peace thing. I dislike Hamas for the same reasons that I dislike all fundamentalisms. But we have Hamas because of Israeli policies, not because a bunch of Arabs trapped on a little strip of land one day just decided to be bad people. 

The Houthi and organizations like Hezbollah are now recipients of Iranian weapons in part because they are under existential threat (for decades in the case of Hezbollah) and because they are the Iranians coreligionists.  Helping them survive is not prima facie spreading terrorism.
This !

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diplomatic Vandalism--Trump, Tillerson, Iran - Rotobeast - 04-22-2017, 01:32 PM