Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert may not be ready for training camp
(04-20-2017, 01:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Most definitely. I think people are sleeping on CJ. In the 7 games where he was actually used as a receiver (pretty much all while Eifert was out), he produced 24-228-1. 

That would translate to 54-521-2 over a full season. For a 2nd year player (particularly a TE), it was solid production. Good enough for me to feel he's a solid backup heading into his 3rd year. Would I like a more dominant player behind Eifert? Sure, but CJ isn't bad at all.

I normally hate the guy who says "if you take away..." when trying to make a statistical point, but I am going to be that guy anyway.

CJ Uzomah 2016:
25 catches / 234 yards (9.4 AVG) / 1 TD

That 9.4 isn't so great, and then when you look at the fact that 1 catch of his was 54 yards and it was in the first game of the year. So his other 24 catches went for 180 yards, or 7.5 yards per catch. That's not even decent receiving RB territory. I don't trust his routes, and I don't trust his hands (even if they say he only had "one" drop).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eifert may not be ready for training camp - TheLeonardLeap - 04-22-2017, 06:09 PM