Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How's That Working For Ya Venezuelans?
(04-22-2017, 04:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I wouldn't run to be President of Venezuela, because I don't like corruption. I would end up having an "accident" for not playing ball if I did run.

That said, what I would do differently than Maduro, would be not trying to hijack legislative power away in order to make myself a supreme dictator. Not bribing military members with the rank General and Admiral to make them my lackeys. Not hijacking ownership of foreign businesses to absolutely ensure that no other company will ever want to come to my country. (They just took a GE plant.)

Maybe work harder on getting my progressively starving citizens some food rather than looking for ways to get more bribes, kickbacks, and power. People are eating all their pets and horses and such to keep from starving. That is generally a pretty good indication that you're not doing a good job.

My question wasn't about running. It was about what solution you would implement if you were in power.

It sounds like you are saying you would give up power.  Who do you suppose would fill the power vacuum?

Chavez primary focus was on reducing the poverty level in Venezuela, and it looks he did a pretty good job during his first term.  What do you suppose went wrong?  I am guessing you would have to know that to fix the current situation, or set current trends in a positive direction.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: How's That Working For Ya Venezuelans? - Dill - 04-22-2017, 08:35 PM