Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Exclusive: Putin-linked think tank drew up plan to sway 2016 U.S. election - document
(04-23-2017, 07:14 PM)hollodero Wrote: Trump also is the most destructive force. I say that in an effort to be objective about that. I just say, a populist with "Leninist" Bannon on his team can be labeled as destructive in Russian eyes.
If Jeb Bush were the man, Putin might have been on his side too, but probably not as strongly.

From Russia's perspective, Trump was the best choice because he weakens the US internationally, or figured to. Hillary did not. E.g. busting up the Iran Nuke deal would be a tremendous blow to US credibility, even if Russia signed it as well. Perhaps an opportunity for Russia.

His Troll army aids every party that is nationalistic, anti-globalization, anti-muslim and anti-establishment. And in that case, I don't think it's just because he hates the more established opponents.

I agree that is how Putin views elections everywhere. Right wing populist governments in GB, Greece, Hungary, Romania, Austria and Bulgaria, not to mention France, would weaken Europe.  The more "established" opponents mean stability and minimally competent leadership.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Exclusive: Putin-linked think tank drew up plan to sway 2016 U.S. election - document - Dill - 04-23-2017, 09:12 PM