Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAO Weighs In On “Countering Violent Extremism”
(04-23-2017, 09:35 PM)Benton Wrote: Last time I changed spark plugs I left the seven faulty ones that were the same brand because the one ac delco one was really aggravating me. God I hate ac delco. I replaced it. Car still won't start, but at least I don't have any ac delco junk.
I suppose the point is that you are a terrible mechanic; outside of that, it ecscapes
(04-23-2017, 10:18 PM)Dill Wrote: LOL I am sure you are not the one person in the forum who does not understand that the MUSLIM THREAT is one great motivation for stricter immigration laws. But the MUSLIM THREAT is weakened as motivation if it turns out that some of the strongest supporters of stricter immigration laws belong to the demographic which produces more incidence of terrorism.

Also, the definition of Islamic terrorist in this study is rather fuzzy. It includes the Beltway sniper, for example, who was mentally unstable, with no discernible ties to any terrorist organization or ideology, but counts for 17 "jihadist" murders.

What percentage of non-Muslim Americans fall into the category of Far right extremist? Without that number we cannot really determine what percentage of the population committed what percentage of terrorist attacks.

Since jihadists want to re-unite church and state, criminalize abortion, and reduce women to second-class status, shouldn't they be a sub-category of Right Wing Terrorism?

Of course no one has a monopoly domestic terrorism. I simply replied to what I assumed was the intent of the OP. I assumed his intent was to show that domestic terrorism by  non-Muslim hate groups was a bigger threat than that of radical Muslims.

I simply brought up the point that if one considers demographics that the radical Muslim may be more dangerous and questioned his comment of some people will not be very happy. I further assumed he was talking about folks that consider radical Muslim to be a bigger threat. However, he has assured me he simply meant some folks would not be very happy because of Domestic terrorism. I would assert the overwhelming majority of people would not be very happy about Domestic Terror; unless the OP was not being forthright about the motivation of his comments or starting the thread.

As to your critiques of the study linked in the OP: I would suggest discussing them with the person that linked it.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAO Weighs In On “Countering Violent Extremism” - bfine32 - 04-23-2017, 10:56 PM