Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How's That Working For Ya Venezuelans?
(04-23-2017, 03:44 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I do enjoy your attempt to conflate being pro gun rights to "white nationalism".  It is also certainly the case that most non-dictatorial, liberal democracies do restrict speech in a way that we would find intolerable in the United States.  Next failed point please.

Yes, it's called the national firearms act.  Of course, advocating current policy via historical precedent would also allow for denying of women's suffrage, equal rights for blacks or voting rights only for landowners.  Please feel free to throw more red herrings in the ring though, it only proves how weak your argument is.

You didn't enjoy it that much; it was just an opportunity to ignore my point about the right-wing claim that dictatorships always seek to ban private firearms. Which non-dictatorial liberal democracies restrict speech in a way the US would find intolerable?  Whoa wait. was that a red herring? LOL almost got me there.

Advocating current policy via historical precedent is how the Volstead Act was repealed.

Historical precedent looked pretty important when you thought it supported your "correlation." No red herrings in your "history"?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: How's That Working For Ya Venezuelans? - Dill - 04-23-2017, 11:42 PM