Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend
(04-24-2017, 12:58 AM)hollodero Wrote: OK. It was an AfD thread and they are the only party who takes your stance, so.

Fair enough, I get the confusion.

Quote:Of course, every nation is entitled to nurture its cultural heritage. I think it's very far fetched to say this nurturing is no longer possible because of refugees.

Too much of any cultural influx will have profound effects.  This isn't a radical concept.  I do get what you are saying though.

Quote:I understand (or better said, I acknowledge) there are problems in Germany. There definitely are. I don't take issue if someone sees things a bit stricter as I do regarding giving refugees safe haven or on immigration in general. I personally think becoming a "melting pot" of some sorts is inevitable in a world that's getting smaller, I also think that is actually a good thing and that culture is nothing static to be conserved unchanged throughout the generations - but there are other opinons out there that I respect.

In general I'd agree with you.  Especially in the United States, we are better for the assimilation (not that we're the Borg) of all the cultures that have immigrated to our country.  Sadly, and please bear with me, I think Europe, and Germany in particular, are attempting to assimilate large numbers of people with a cultural outlook in diametric opposition to western democratic values.  This is not a new point from me, I have often pointed out that i find the "alliance" between the western left and Islam to be a Frankenstein monster.   

Quote:All good.
I do take issue with using the word "cultural suicide" though. This is Russian Troll speak and is not based on reality.

If that is a loaded term I am not familiar with it, honestly.  As previously stated I find Islam as generally practiced in the middle east to be inimical to western democratic values.  I do not think this is a radical or ill formed opinion.  

Quote:(And friends are always a questionable source. People here have friends in the US giving them all kinds of biased pictures about their country.)

Also fair enough.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-24-2017, 01:30 AM