Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend
(04-25-2017, 09:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Not odd when you are cxapable of looking around at reality and seeing how many Musilms live in this country.  But I guess that is beyond you.

What does the number of adherents in this country have to do with the religion's teachings?

Quote:The left does not support any of the bad things that radical Islam stands for, but we still believe that it is better to allow freedom of religion than to kill or imprison everyone who practices a religion we do not agree with.

Oh my, I'm sure glad your here to correct all those people calling for muslims to be imprisoned or killed because of their faith.  You know, all zero of them.  Without hyperbole most of your posts would be in single digit characters.

Quote:So what do you suggest is the proper way to address the Muslim religion in the world.   Since you oppose it so strongly how are you going to get rid of it?

First you address it by actually addressing it.  Right now the trend is to pretend that there are no inherent issues with the teaching if islam.  You are right, I strongly oppose blowing yourself and others up, mutilating the genitals of females, treating women as third class citizens, executing homosexuals for the crime of being homosexual, executing people who are of a different religion than you (didn't you claim someone here advocated for that?) and any of the other myriad crimes committed in the name of islam on a daily basis on this planet.  As to how to "get rid of it", as you ask in your hyperbolic way, that needs to come from within, but the start is to no longer turn a blind eye to the problem and pretend it's the work solely of fringe elements.

Let's use the Westboro Baptist Church as an example.  How much press and attention have they gotten over the years?  How universally are their actions reviled?  They represent probably .00000000000001% of christians.  Also, while despicable, their actions have never involved violence.  Why are we so comfortable castigating them for their beliefs and yet we constantly seek to mitigate the actions of a much larger percentage of islam that engages in disgusting acts on a daily basis?

Quote:Do you agree that Muslims should not be allowed to hold elected office oin the United States?

LoL, hyperbole.

Quote: And if you do believe they should be allowedto hiold office does that mean you also support mysogeny and homophobia? 
I believe they should be asked questions, such as do they roundly condemn the actions of islamic terrorists?  I'd also ask them if people should be allowed to draw Muhammad, call Muhammad a pig, satirize islam, i.e. treat islam like any other religion.  If those questions are actually asked and honestly answered then the voters will have the information to make up their own minds.   That's how the system works.

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-25-2017, 10:55 AM