Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson - OJ Howard and Myles Garrett 2 safest picks in draft
(04-24-2017, 11:58 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Absolutely correct, and it's not even debatable. He's a yoked Julio Jones that can completely destabilize defense's in the middle of the field. The tape shows it, and my T-town connections all concur.

There are a handful of other TEs in this draft that are very talented, but Howard's a pro already. The only two exceptions that I would be willing to risk the #9 pick on is Allen or Fournette.

I predict Barnett to be manhandled until year three at least, and Foster is a serious risk for more than one reason. That coming from the same rabid,yet educated Bama fan's that are very "high" on Howard.

Not to mention serious insurance for Mr.Glass.

I saw this in Pete Schrager's mock draft...
Quote:Bills: O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama

At 6-foot-6, Howard is an uber-athlete who also happens to love to block and get dirty. A GM told me around the Combine that his best NFL comparison is Jimmy Graham … ”if Graham loved to block in the run game.” Buffalo has a defensive head coach and needs help everywhere on that side of the ball, but I think Howard is the play at 10.
Steve Mitchell USA TODAY Sports

Perhaps the GM that made this comparison of Jimmy Graham but loving to block is completely out of his mind, but IMO it's not a stretch. Howard has elite potential, it just might not have been tapped yet due to Alabama's scheme. The Combine definitely demonstrated elite athleticism. If you could potentially get Jimmy Graham that's also a wiling and good blocker, wouldn't that be worth a top 10 selection?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobson - OJ Howard and Myles Garrett 2 safest picks in draft - ochocincos - 04-25-2017, 11:48 AM