Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since the Bengals last playoff win...
(04-25-2017, 01:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: - A "shell of themselves" is a bit much. What players were we missing against the Jets? List them. What about the Texans? All teams deal with injuries. The only times where we really had an argument there was the very first Steelers game (Palmer) and the Colts game (missing pretty much all receivers). The injury excuse is weak in any of the other 5 games. 

- TJ Yates had a whopping 4 real starts heading into that playoff game, so I don't know that you can say he had a wealth of more experience. Sanchez was a rookie that only attempted 364 passes in 15 games. 

- I sincerely don't know if the Bengals beat that Connor Cook led team. Or the Ryan Lindley Cardinals a couple years back. The Bengals have a tendency of making those types of guys look like Joe Montana. Again, just look at TJ Yates, who has a a 90.3 rating (4 TDs to 1 INT) against the Bengals in 3 appearances while posting a 61.4 rating (3 TDs to 10 INTs) against everyone else.

It's all woulda/coulda/shoulda. Marv should've lucked into a playoff win by now. You have to be doing something wrong to go 0 for 7. I've never said he's a buffoon...I actually think he's a good motivator for regular season. He gets these guys ready for the grind of a 16 game schedule. He's a solid team builder. He just also happens to be a choke artist. The playoffs are a different animal and Marv apparently has no idea how to prep his players for it. We've even had 4 damn games at home ffs. Every game has at least been close in the first half, followed by a 2nd half implosion. The team always looks like they morph into a 3-13 squad overnight.

I can't accept that it's coincidence. All the evidence screams that it's not. Btw, I don't like your overall point here, which seems to be that we should hope for a really weak opponent to get a W. We should be able to beat the good teams, as we are (were) a good team. 

They were a Shell of the 2015 team.

see Post #67
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Since the Bengals last playoff win... - depthchart - 04-25-2017, 01:43 PM