Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Word on the 50th Anniversary Plans?
(04-22-2017, 09:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote:  If you notice some people here put more effort into finidng clever ways to insult the Bengals than they do discussing anything football related. Their "Bengal Fan Victim Card" is their proudest possession, so don't try to mess with it.

(04-24-2017, 02:02 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Interesting...

CINCINNATI (AP) — The Cincinnati Bengals have announced a new ticket program to commemorate their 50th anniversary. Beginning with the home opener, and running throughout the regular season, the team will offer a .50 cent coupon voucher good throughout Paul Brown stadium, with each paid ticket.

"We wanted to do something nice for our fans", said Mike Brown, the team's owner and defacto GM. "This is something I've been working on for quite some time. I was a bit reluctant to the idea at first but others around here have opened up my eyes a little."

The vouchers can be used at any food stand, or the team's gift shop. Only one coupon can be used at a time.

When pressed for his thoughts on the exciting news that had the offices buzzing,  Marvin Lewis chuckled. "You know, you guys are the ones who are into this stuff. 50 cents, 75 cents, thank you's, and celebrations, are not something I concern myself with. I've got a job to do, and that's lose playoff games. We'll keep digging and if you buy a popcorn or soda at a discount, well so be it."

Adam Jones added: "Man, you need to get out of my face with this coupon talk. I'll stab you in the throat you stupid *****. **** yo 50 cents!!!"

AJ Green offered a different take: "I feel so bad for them (the fans). 50 cents, that's it? I feel bad for everyone, but mostly myself.  I hate my life. What did I do to deserve this? Do you know how cold our practices are?"

The Bengals begin season at home, Sept. 10th, against the Baltimore Ravens. There are poised to extend their NFL leading playoff win drought to 28 years, and encourage fans to "catch the fever".  (Note: The fever is pain and suffering.). Tickets can be ordered on the team's website or by calling 513-684-TDTD.

___

Associated Press writer Art Vandelay in New York contributed to this report.

___

Maybe we should start a separate forum for these type of guys where they could all tell each other how great they are and it would not clog up the boards for people who actually want to discuss football. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any Word on the 50th Anniversary Plans? - fredtoast - 04-25-2017, 05:49 PM