Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since the Bengals last playoff win...
(04-26-2017, 01:31 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You know...the thing I've never understood is that some people on here talk like playoff wins don't matter unless you win it all. If that's the case, why do these same people care about regular season wins? After all, it's all meaningless unless you win it all...right? I guess this franchise has 50 years of worthless seasons, including that 5 year run of playoff appearances.

You can't have it both ways, people. Either playoff wins matter or none of it matters unless you win a chip.

Ego-investment - They shift the target as they know it missed the original target. Nobody wants to admit that the football team they spend hours and hours following is irrelevant.

Some people talk about how our Super Bowl appearance in 1988 validates having a small scouting staff works too.

Some people have countered my arguments by saying that just because we haven't won a playoff game...doesn't mean that we couldn't have beat other playoff teams some years. (Like a team lead by Connor Cook...when in reality we lost to a team QB's by TJ Yates who had like 4 starts under his belt.) Yes...they delve deep into the hypothetical fantasy matchups.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Since the Bengals last playoff win... - THE PISTONS - 04-26-2017, 10:27 AM