Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend
(04-26-2017, 11:54 AM)bfine32 Wrote: This is the dynamic that I see and one that needs more focus. When the left talks about Christianity they tend to focus more on the negatives aspects: homophobic, racists, sexist, ect...; however, you never see those same monikers attached when they discuss Muslims. Both sides have their biases and if we could ever address them in a rational fashion we could perhaps one day make progress.

Unfortunately, it is a you versus me situation and it is not monopolized by this forum. I think I shared to debate my wife and I had about a year ago (I'm Jill Stein compared to her). We were discussing religion and our youngest son, who questions religion. She said she would rather he be an atheist than a Muslim; of course I disagreed with the point.

The "how to raise your kid"  crowd can stow it.

The other dynamic is when the right talks about Islam they focus on the radicals and when the talk about Christianity they focus on the good.

Most of the discussions on this board (and elsewhere) are about Muslims as terrorists and Islam as not being the "religion of peace".  Not about gays and women.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend - GMDino - 04-26-2017, 12:04 PM