Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since the Bengals last playoff win...
(04-26-2017, 11:49 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: A lot of it is that, and admittedly I'm guilty. I've never seen the Bengals win a playoff game. So it's like a lesser version of the Cubs not winning a world series. It's just a dubious streak I'd like to be rid of. But it's more than just a fan thing. I think psychologically, this team needs it. If you think 0-5 has never crossed AJ Green's mind (just for example), you're crazy. It's like saying Lebron never thinks about wanting more championships. 

Btw, AOL wasn't even around in 1990 lol. Nobody I knew back then could afford a computer or one of those brick cell phones. It was just stuff you saw in movies. Occasionally I got to play Oregon Trail on a Macintosh at school. LOL

Wow, you are right about the AOL.  It has been so long ago that I forgot people didn't have internet then... I was in junior high when they went to the Super Bowl in Miami and had started high school when they won the last playoff game.  I was really lucky in that my mom was dating a guy who was a big Bengals fan and did well financially.  He took me to that Super Bowl (first live football game I ever saw) and we were at Riverfront for the playoff win.

There is no doubt a guy like A.J. Green thinks about the playoff futility.  He is a premiere wide receiver, is financially set for the rest of his life, what's left to think about?  His legacy.  He has to know that he needs playoff wins, and/or Super Bowls, to have any real chance at Canton.  They all think about winning, it is wired into their DNA.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Since the Bengals last playoff win... - OrlandoBengal - 04-26-2017, 12:28 PM