Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since the Bengals last playoff win...
(04-26-2017, 12:20 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree and we have discussed this in other posts about FA. I agree build through the draft, but to close our door to signing a top tier FA every 3 or 4 years is a mistake in my opinion. An example is why not go after Mack (center from the browns) in 2016 like the Falcons did. They Falcons signed Mack and Sanu and almost won a Super Bowl.

I think that is the one area the FO needs to add to their off season to get us over the hump. Rookies normally just can't be saviours, they are a long shot to go from a good team to a Super Bowl team as they likely don't start day 1.

Yes...while people tout going to the playoffs 5 times in 6 years as success. I view it as lost opportunity. Each one of those rosters had 'fatal flaws'. Some couldn't cover the TE. Some had a really weak center preventing us from running the ball.

Had we signed Dansby 3-4 years ago instead of Harrison...how much better would we have been? Harrison was a 3-4 OLB that didn't fit here. Dansby did. Harrison wanted less money.

Had we signed Mack as you alluded to and had a really awesome offensive line...maybe Andy doesn't get injured and maybe we run the ball better?

The window to compete in the NFL is small and when you're there...you have to invest all your resources to win.

Instead...the Bengals keep a clean cap which has enabled them to maintain an average roster to a good roster some years...but never that really GREAT roster that is complete in all areas.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Since the Bengals last playoff win... - THE PISTONS - 04-26-2017, 12:32 PM