Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since the Bengals last playoff win...
(04-26-2017, 11:33 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Because it has been so long, I think the idea of "a" playoff win has been elevated to almost mythical status by a number of fans.  While I think the goal post would get moved into overall playoff success, I tend to think one win would placate the masses for a couple of years.

I've always said it is almost unfathomable that neither Marvin, nor Mike, has lucked into a playoff win.  You say "26 years" and know it is a long time, but when you really think about it... George H.W. Bush was still president, most people that had a home computer were on AOL, no one had ever heard of a "smart phone".  There are fans of this organization who were born, grew up, went to college, and now have children of their own since the last playoff victory.  26 years in an insane amount of time...

Perfect post.

I remember when we made the playoffs 2 or 3 years in a row...that Model Model article popped up on Bengals.com talking about how the Bengals were the model franchise in the NFL that other teams were emulating.

There were threads started about it.

My thing is that even if we win a Super Bowl...it doesn't show the model worked. The NFL is a league built on parity where 73% of the teams have been to the SB since we last won a playoff game. That's the system.

It's geared for us to become really good and go to a Super Bowl. We've just missed our chances.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Since the Bengals last playoff win... - THE PISTONS - 04-26-2017, 12:45 PM