Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since the Bengals last playoff win...
(04-26-2017, 01:23 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: All I see are excuses in that post. Maybe you could actually address some of my points in post #66?

I seriously doubt the monkey gets moved immediately. Maybe after a couple more years or so, but not immediately. I think the Bengals would temporarily be the toast of the town after finally winning one.

Here is where I am coming from with limited time to research every last injury for each game cause I work.

2010 team goes 4 and 12.

2011 enter Dalton & Green - 9 and 7 and a Playoff - lose to the Texans 31 to 10 - nice improvement - Texans are better

2012 - 10 and 6 - Green ellis, Marvin Jones, Sanu, Dre, Iloka added to team - roster better - lose to Texans 19 to 13

2013 - 11 and 5 - Eifert, Bernard, Shawn Williams added - roster better - lose 27 to 10 to Chargers who we had just beat earlier in the season - Gio fumble and Zimmer's defense ran all over by Chargers

2014 - 10-5-1 - add Dennard, Jeremy Hill - roster pretty strong & experienced playing together - lose 26 to 10 to Colts

2015  - 12 and 4 - BEST ROSTER so far in Dalton era - Start 8 and 0 - lose Dalton - lose to Steelers 18 to 16 - Hill fumbles with game in hand (I don't blame on FO)   Pac Man & Burfict screw up (can blame on FO for having them especially having Pac Man.)

* Saw improvement year over year from 2010 through 2013.
* Roster was thin with little Depth to overcome injuries in 2011, better in 2012.
* Better showing in 2nd Texans loss which is improvement
*2013 we Had the better team than the Chargers and lost. Zimmer's defense ran all over and he is a Great coach
*2014 had Zero starting wide receivers and zero starting tight end available for Colts game as I remember. All normal receiver starters out with injury for Colts game including Gresham.
2015 - 8 and 0, no Dalton, fumble, melt down

** These are Observations and NOT excuses even though many will immediately Post that they are excuses. Go for it.
*** The Bengals FO is LESS COMPETENT than the Patriots FO and many others. I know that.
*** They have, however, finished in the Top 12,  5 of the last 6 years which does show some Competence
**    Out did 20 other teams to get into the Playoffs those 5 years - Top 12

**  They seem to be right on the Fence between becoming a better FO, doing more than just getting in the Playoffs only to lose and building up to Roster Peak seasons with teams that stay generally healthy & maybe make a run.
*   Would I rather have Robert Kraft and Bill Belichick, OF COURSE, but we have what we have.
*** Many find HOPELESSNESS in the Playoff losses and assume the Bengals FO can NEVER EVER under any circumstances win a Playoff game and they may be right.
** I simply look at each year's team as a DIFFERENT group, with differing levels of Roster Depth and Health, playing different opponents at a different time and say MAYBE they can get over the Hump and win a Playoff game someday. Then maybe do more.
Consistent Top 12 five of last 6 seasons and other Good signs are there along with the Bad signs others point out like keeping Pac man
** Mike & Marvin are not going anywhere right now so we will see if they can IMPROVE themselves.
**  They have consistently been just a Top 12 team that can get into the Playoffs 5 of 6 years then lose.
** That is ON THEM to the Bad and ON THEM to the Good
** On one hand successful and on the other a Failure.
** I'm simply saying MAYBE they can break some Barriers and do more.
** People that say they can NEVER, EVER under any Circumstances win a Playoff game have ruled out the MAYBE
** I have not ruled out the MAYBE yet mainly due to the 2015 team's show of Promise
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Since the Bengals last playoff win... - depthchart - 04-26-2017, 12:46 PM