Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since the Bengals last playoff win...
(04-26-2017, 12:33 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I agree.  I don't think the team needs to go all in every year, but I really wish they would at least be open to doing so.  To going after that one or two pieces that is going to put them over the top.

A big complaint I have is that it always seems to be about the future.  The "now" in the NFL is so short that you must do everything you can to maximize it.  You look at a lot of the recent Super Bowl teams, and they all have key pieces that have been added in free agency.

That's my big point too and I get labeled as someone who bashes management.

I look at it like this: Our management improved a lot for the 90's. We went from horrible to competitive when Marvin got here. We are now about the 12th to 14th best team in the NFL every year instead of one of the 5-6 worst as we were in the 90's.

That said...the jump from 12th to 14th best to best is just as steep as that jump we made from the 90's losing.

It takes signing that Tier 2 free agent to stabilize a unit. Pulling that extra special guy out of the draft that went to a small school that nobody knew. Having that coach who changed the culture to one of winning, etc.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Since the Bengals last playoff win... - THE PISTONS - 04-26-2017, 12:49 PM