Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend
(04-26-2017, 12:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: The other dynamic is when the right talks about Islam they focus on the radicals and when the talk about Christianity they focus on the good.

Most of the discussions on this board (and elsewhere) are about Muslims as terrorists and Islam as not being the "religion of peace".  Not about gays and women.

As I said: We all have our biases. I am willing to bet I have interacted with more Muslims than anyone in this forum and I can tell you "religion of peace" is not how I would describe it. This is not to say all Muslims are terrorists, but any peace they bestow is on their terms. This is also not to say that all Christians are perfect.

The frustration comes when you have actually seen what some of these people (and not the fringe) do in the name of their religion. It is a culture that is not inline with Western ways. This is why I stress assimilation when talking about immigration.

I read a survey where the Majority of Muslims in America think they should have the choice between Sharia Law or the American Judicial system. So when we discuss fringes of the religions the "peaceful" Muslim might just be the fringe.

WTS: I've found this to be one of the better articles on the subject:
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/02/27/muslims-and-islam-key-findings-in-the-u-s-and-around-the-world/
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend - bfine32 - 04-26-2017, 01:26 PM