Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend
(04-26-2017, 11:17 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Are you referring to Affleck?  If so then you didn't watch the same clip as me.  He was tripping over himself to excuse and exculpate the excesses of the religion or denying them altogether.  I see I was right in my comparison.

Hahaha, I've addressed this ad naseum.  Find me a left leaning celebrity or politician who calls islam out for its daily excesses.  Find me one who clamors for the rights of women and homosexuals in the muslim world.  You'll find huge anti-Trump rallies due to his supposed misogyny.  I can't recall the same type of rally being held due to the daily misogyny of islam.  Trump may "grab them by the *****", in the muslim world they get acid thrown in their face or stoned to death.  I know which conduct I find more reprehensible.  Yet they don't seem to get the same attention, why?

Please find me one statement by me that stated islam should be banned in the United States.  Just one.  You've made this false flag claim several times, back it up or shelve it completely because it's getting old.  What I did say, multiple times, is that it is time to universally acknowledge the deeply flawed teachings of the faith and how they are acted upon daily by millions of people.  The left is terrified of criticizing anyone who isn't a white heterosexual male.  In so doing they give daily tacit approval to horrific acts of barbarism committed under the approving umbrella of a religion.  Wrong is wrong, condemn the treatment of women in islamic countries and do it with something close to the same fervor you reserve for Trump's defunding Planned Parenthood.  Condemn the horrific treatment of homosexuals in islamic countries.  People lost their shit over the report of gay concentration camps in Chechnya and rightfully so.  However, similar horrific acts occur on a daily basis in majority islam countries.

I get it, you don't have a problem with large percentages of a religion's adherents thinking it is ok to stone an adulteress woman.  Even in a liberal secular democracy.  You don't care about it so much you completely avoided even attempting to address it.  

It's not deflection, it's turning a blind eye to it.  The only excesses the left is comfortable addressing is that of the West.  It's moral cowardice at level red.  There's a reason that former friends are now enemies for me and vice versa; because I call out bullshit and wrongdoing regardless of who engages in it.  I have no partisan agenda, wrong is wrong.  Sadly, there doesn't seem to be enough of that around here.  There are a few, Belsnickel, Bpat, Hollodero, 'Zona (if I missed you I apologize).  Too many others are married to their agendas to the point where any criticism of something that falls within it is met with fierce counter attack rather than reasoned introspection.

I think I agree with most of the points brought up here in this post.  As I haven't posted much in the past few months, I have not articulated my thoughts about this matter in detail, but more or less this is a fine summarization.  There is a difference where I've argued in the past, mostly against St.LucieBengal and his ilk of falsification and conflation of issues with Islam, where the arguments are not presented rationally but with an obvious bent of paranoia and blindness.  

As someone who neither considers himself leftist or rightist, I will say that there is a difference between painting a broad brush for all Muslims based on a few, and a reasoned argument for why Islamic "values" need to be questioned and an honest debate take place between the virtues of Western values and how assimilation should take place when Islamist immigrants are allowed to migrate to the west (I will go so far as to say that assimilation into the West and ceding of certain abhorrent values HAS to be a requirement).  I will disagree with Xenophobic and ill conceived statements such as "savages" being ascribed to all adherents of a religion (not what you've done in this post at all, but I'm adding context to my previous disagreements with other posters), but a clear examination of so called Islamic values which run counter to all that we hold in high regard in the West needs to take place and it needs to be approached openly and fearlessly.  While I may disagree with the statement that the left is "aligned" with Islam, I think you're absolutely spot on with the assessment that there is not nearly (or any at all) the same fervor or sense of outrage when resisting Trump and his misogyny, compared to the near silence when it comes to vilification of those Islamic cultures with abhorrent values from the Western point of view.  

As I've stated before, I'm not a fan of Islam at all, and I've highlighted the following point in conversations with Rotobeast (not as a counter, but in general discussions), but would like to make it here again: there are nuances to consider how refugees should be handled without vilifying their culture, but that should not prevent us from questioning Islamic values nor should it prevent us from EXPECTING that those who may implicitly support those values to cede those values prior to being permitted into the United States.  While it is a morally superior action to allow refugees in, I would not find it unconscionable that we house them in well maintained camps with the clear understanding that they are to return to their homeland once the first opportunity to do so arises. 

P.S.  I will start posting more as I do not want to send off an impression that only the Islam topic awakens my interest in posting here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend - masterpanthera_t - 04-26-2017, 01:50 PM