Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dan Hoard has Lapham's pick at 9!
(04-26-2017, 01:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You definately know coverages better than i but you cannot deny having great speed will not help this slow WR corps.

That was our biggest problem last year with our WR's, they are slow besides Green and Core.

I agree it can help, but I wouldn't call it "slow". As I said against cover 3, more so because the reaction off the vertical threat (dig,out, curl), or man (chance to beat over top or inside), are going to be where we see the real value with his speed. If you want to scheme him inside against cover two teams and keep him same side as AJ, I pointed out that the deep post will create some good match ups.

My pet peeve more so is people assume a fast guy can get vertical against all coverage. We also run a lot of cover 2 and the idea is to not let anything go over top and make them work underneath and across the middle. The reality is Ross is going to have to make as many plays across the middle as he is over top to be worth #9. The steelers do run a lot of cover 2 man on 3rd and long. They press at the line and then follow with trail technique knowing they have the cover 2 shell over top. If Ross can beat the press off the line he will have some options in these cases, but this is a bracket coverage setup and will require Dalton to thread it a bit more.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dan Hoard has Lapham's pick at 9! - Au165 - 04-26-2017, 02:03 PM