Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend
(04-26-2017, 11:17 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Hahaha, I've addressed this ad naseum.  Find me a left leaning celebrity or politician who calls islam out for its daily excesses. 

It's not deflection, it's turning a blind eye to it.  The only excesses the left is comfortable addressing is that of the West.  It's moral cowardice at level red.  There's a reason that former friends are now enemies for me and vice versa; because I call out bullshit and wrongdoing regardless of who engages in it.  I have no partisan agenda, wrong is wrong.  Sadly, there doesn't seem to be enough of that around here.  There are a few, Belsnickel, Bpat, Hollodero, 'Zona (if I missed you I apologize).  Too many others are married to their agendas to the point where any criticism of something that falls within it is met with fierce counter attack rather than reasoned introspectio

1. A suggestion-- perhaps US celebrity culture should not be the standard for judging whether Islam (an entire religion?) is properly characterized and effectively "called out" for "daily excesses." Someone genuinely interested in some depth of understanding of debates within and around Islam should perhaps be looking for where those debates are actually occurring. (And I don't mean Youtube.)

2. Some one who worries about "cultural suicide" while repeating right wing shibboleths about Islamic "daily excesses" and "leftist" cowardice (and is fresh from an NRA-style defense of his 2nd Amendment rights on another thread) most certainly has a partisan agenda.  And I have seen nothing in the writings of Belsnickel, Bpat, Hololo, or Zona that accords with the views expressed in your post. They all have deservedly high reputations in this forum in part because they do not engage in ad hominem.

3. What can "reasoned introspection" mean to someone who simply denies statistics which disagree with his views and  routinely engages in ad hominem--then suddenly lumps himself in with a crowd of esteemed posters who do none of that?  Is demand for celebrity confirmation a step toward "reasoned introspection"?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend - Dill - 04-27-2017, 12:33 AM