Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend
(04-27-2017, 12:33 AM)Dill Wrote: 1. A suggestion-- perhaps US celebrity culture should not be the standard for judging whether Islam (an entire religion?) is properly characterized and effectively "called out" for "daily excesses." Someone genuinely interested in some depth of understanding of debates within and around Islam should perhaps be looking for where those debates are actually occurring. (And I don't mean Youtube.)

Sure, don't use celebrities as the standard.  Kindly point out the non-celebrity outrage over islam's daily outrages to complete your point.

Quote:2. Some one who worries about "cultural suicide" while repeating right wing shibboleths about Islamic "daily excesses" and "leftist" cowardice (and is fresh from an NRA-style defense of his 2nd Amendment rights on another thread) most certainly has a partisan agenda.  And I have seen nothing in the writings of Belsnickel, Bpat, Hololo, or Zona that accords with the views expressed in your post. They all have deservedly high reputations in this forum in part because they do not engage in ad hominem.

I'm not worried about "cultural suicide", I merely pointed out that many Germans (former East Germans especially for some reason) seem determined to make up for Nazi excesses by over compensating in regards to welcoming so many people from a completely foreign (and often times hostile to western values) culture.  Mind you hollodero completely understands and agrees with this point (my use of an hitherto unknown loaded term notwithstanding) and rather has a more front row seat to it.  I absolutely defend the second amendment.  Until someone can make a very convincing argument for depriving US citizens of their constitutional rights I will continue to do so.  I'm sorry you have such disdain for our constitution.

Quote:3. What can "reasoned introspection" mean to someone who simply denies statistics which disagree with his views and  routinely engages in ad hominem--then suddenly lumps himself in with a crowd of esteemed posters who do none of that?  Is demand for celebrity confirmation a step toward "reasoned introspection"?  

I stated my reasoned objection to your "statistics".  You disagree, fine.  Please don't attempt to speak for me, I do a very good job of doing so for myself.  You will find yourself in the minority on this subject.  I kindly bid you good day.   Smirk

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-27-2017, 01:56 AM