2 Johnathan Allen DE
3 Derek Barnett DE
4 Mike Williams WR
5 Corey Davis WR
6 Cam Robinson OT
7 Rueben Foster LB
8 Tim Williams DE
9 Dalvin Cook RB

Jamal Adams and Malik Hooker would be nice, but I honestly don't see this team drafting a safety. They have both safeties locked up long term with a decent prospect sitting behind both of them. The player would have to be a truly transcendent talent in order to make the Bengals move away from players they've already paid.

Also, look for Charles Harris and Solomon Thomas to begin rising in the ranks as the off season progresses as well. I may like them more than Tim Williams, as Tim would be forced into a situational role whereas  Harris and Thomas, while not being quite as explosive, can be every down players who played as a down linemen in college and have been productive there.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-9-favorites-for-first-round?pid=330320#pid330320

Back on January 5th, this was my list.

Honestly, not much has changed for me. The only real change in terms of my #1 priorities is that Allen may be a realistic possibility for us, which I didn't think he was back in January.

Like I thought back then, my #1 fall back would be Derek Barnett. If I were to rate my preferred WRs after that now, I think I'd go Ross then Williams. Then Corey would probably fall out of my top 9.

I also accurately predicted Thomas beginning to rise through the ranks. I didn't anticipate he'd go from a 2nd round pick to a top 5 pick, but what are you gonna do?
Same for Harris, who is getting some significant first round buzz as well.

Cam Robinson probably falls off the list today, as he is not really a LT, which is what we need most. Barnett abused him in the Alabama Tennessee game consistently because he is not fast enough to meet a lot of DEs at the corner. His kick step is weak.

Foster remains on the list, but he's still low. I wouldn't love the pick, but I'd understand the pick.

I think I'd add O.J. Howard to the list as well. He is actually a very good prospect that was just underutilized at Alabama. His blocking skill is truly elite though and that really shows on film. The number of times you see him seal the edge on a big run is just...ridiculous.

Williams was thrown on there because he had a good chance of blowing up the combine and being drafted high, but he just never caught fire so I'd drop him too.

Finally, I'd drop Cook off the list and put Fournette somewhere in the top 5. He is definitely a good player and I'd be interested in him going forward if he were available.

1 Myles Garrett DE
2 Johnathan Allen DE
3 Leonard Fournette RB
4 O.J. Howard TE
5 Derek Barnett DE
6 Solomon Thomas DE
7 John Ross WR
8 Mike Williams WR
9 Rueben Foster LB
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thank you for a Great Draft Season - CJD - 04-27-2017, 08:11 AM