Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump says he may break up 9th Circuit Court after rulings go against him
(04-27-2017, 08:41 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I didn't know he could do that.  I thought inferior courts were in the hands of Congress.

I think the reality is Congress would vote to do it and he would just sign the law. 

There's an argument to be made outside of partisan reasons: that circuit is twice as big as the next circuit. The reason they haven't yet? Even if you put California in a new circuit, the same judges will still make the same decisions. 

There's this argument against it:

Quote: In an interview with CNN Wednesday night, Kozinski declined to comment directly on the President's statement, but he made clear he thinks splitting up the 9th Circuit is a "bad idea."

"It doesn't accomplish anything," he said, and noted that unless California is split into two circuits, there would still be one very large circuit composed of mostly judges from the state. "We would miss out on having judges from other states," he said. "It's good to have the perspective of judges who don't all come from the same region."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/26/politics/9th-circuit-what-to-know/

Also the guy who ruled against the sanctuary city thing is a district judge.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump says he may break up 9th Circuit Court after rulings go against him - BmorePat87 - 04-27-2017, 09:01 AM