Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How's That Working For Ya Venezuelans?
(04-27-2017, 10:34 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Once again, I'll ignore your cherry picking.  This is an inane analogy as you try and compare the impact of a certain behavior on one segment of the entire population versus radically different sample sizes studying the exact same thing.  Comparison fail.

Sure, just as long as you realize, as any statistician would, that the smaller sample sizes of less populace states are going to give you more skewed data than the more populous states.

As I already said.  However, then using this data to make absolute direct comparisons is flawed in its very concept.  I'll give you an actually relevant analogy.  Take the top twenty cities by murder rate in the United States.  

http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/most-dangerous-cities-in-the-united-states.html

You'll find the overwhelming majority of them are Democratic run cities.  Ergo, we must conclude that Democratic governance leads to higher murder rates.  There couldn't possibly be other factors at work could there?

Mellow

(04-23-2017, 11:51 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't buy the numbers in that study at all.  Gun owners aren't going to be up front with poll takers anymore, likely never again.

Same point, I don't think people are even remotely honest with survey takers in this regard.  feel free to disagree, but also realize that Trump is president after every poll showed otherwise. (I'd point out that I predicted otherwise, for months)

Or perhaps your data sucks ass?

I see you're unfamiliar with statistics, despite your claims otherwise.  Allow me to explain.  My father's family is from a comparatively underpopulated section of Iowa.  When he was a kid a woman killed her six children by throwing them in a well.  According to your amazing statistics the per capita murder rate for that area was immense!  It was also a bullshit statistic.  Research outliers and their effect on statistics.  The basic point is that the higher the sample size the more reliable the data.  But you knew that, being a student of statistics and all.

ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How's That Working For Ya Venezuelans? - GMDino - 04-27-2017, 10:48 AM