Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Thank you for a Great Draft Season
(04-27-2017, 09:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is a cool topic, Shady.

I liked Dalvin Cook early, before I got wind of the character issues.  No first round pick for me, even if we slid to the lower half of the first round.  He's supremely talented, but I am done with headaches.  

I always liked Ross.

Never liked Foster.  I don't think I would like any of this draft class of LBs in Rd 1, but I sure don't want a damaged goods guy from Bama with a serious attitude and potentially drug problem.

I also hated the idea of Mixon from day 1.  I understand he broke four bones in that girl's face three years ago, but it was almost a "hidden punishment".  He never really had to deal with the media and face the music until this year and his camp says "well, that was three years ago".  And after he ripped up a parking ticket and threw it in the face of a female campus parking monitor, it just shows me that he has aggression towards women and thinks he is above everyone else.  I don't even want this shitbag in the 7th round.  

I'm 100% with you on Mixon and feel the same way about the parking incident. Don't know that her being a woman had anything to do with it (and I understand the anger towards parking monitors as much as the next guy) but to me it clearly shows the kid has a real problem controlling his anger. That is not something that goes away but will just keep rearing its ugly head. Maybe not often but best case scenario I see him having a dozen little incidents like pacman through his career. I don't want anything to do with him.

As far as who I liked early on, it was Foster and Barnett. I soured a bit on Foster with the signing of Minter and Fosters drug test and blow up at the combine, but he's still a great player and I could get behind the pick. Same with Barnett except Ive gone back and forth on if he's top 10 worthy. 

Biggest difference between now and then for me is I will be happy with more possibilities than I was early on. When I would have been happy with only a few of the players. We should get a good one tonight 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thank you for a Great Draft Season - leonardfan40 - 04-27-2017, 02:12 PM