Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since the Bengals last playoff win...
(04-27-2017, 02:22 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote:  I was talking about PISTONS. Mellow

Once again if you want to blame the average Center for all the teams problems go ahead and humor yourself but there are a hell of a lot better football players on this team that haven't stepped up when it matters the most. Do you have proof he's bad at identifying defensive alignment or just more bias dribble?  Of course it's an important position but so are the other guys on the team who turn invisible or make key mistakes in crunch time. If we ever win the Superbowl it's not going to be because we finally upgraded the Center it's going to be because the coaches stepped up, the leaders stepped up and the elite players on our team play to that level. The fact is this board is biased against Bodine and overvalue the Center position because of it. The cycle repeats itself over and over again with whatever player they decide to make the forum punching bag.

Right my love for Bodine even though I blatantly said he wasn't a good player. Who's the one trying to pin him for the Andy's injury and the 2015 turning sour? If you can compare playing football as a teenager to playing at the highest level in the world then go for it although it doesn't help your case.  You're the one not living in reality.

Obviously I struck a nerve or someone took too many meds.

LOL....this aggression will not stand.....man!  I knew you were referring to Pistons, I was insinuating, tongue in cheek, that you were acting like we aren't buddies....or something like that.

I'm not blaming the center, per se, as you should have gathered from the end of my post.....what I AM pointing out that is that Center, along with other holes, could have and should have been addressed in FA, and maybe we get over the hunt.  I sarcastically answered your sarcasm with your "love" for Bodine in response to my "bias" against him.  I ain't biased, he just isn't very good.....and grades show it. Wink

I also noted that Center was just the easiest position to knock, because he's easily been one of the league's worst at his position.  We could have upgraded guys like him, Maulaluga (we finally did), Michael Johnson (solid, but not spectacular), Margus Hunt, etc, etc.....but we chose not too.  Center was just the most obvious choice.  In summation, it was more about FO failing to identify inadequacies, and failing to act upon them.

Shew....I feel better, want some of my meds?

PS....I never said he wasn't properly id'ing alignments....that was in response to you acting like center isn't a vital cog in the offense. I DID say he gets his ass beat a lot.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Since the Bengals last playoff win... - Wyche'sWarrior - 04-27-2017, 02:44 PM