Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since the Bengals last playoff win...
(04-27-2017, 04:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There seems to be an all-or-nothing mentality on the board too. Like people divide themselves into thinking the Bengals Management is horrible or great. Because admitting that maybe there is some room for improvement from the team that you spend hours and hours watching is just unthinkable. It's easier to just break it down into Horrible or Great.

The real truth lies somewhere in the middle. We had about 2 GREAT drafts in a row coupled with 2 more good ones. Then, we have about 4 below average to bad drafts.

We were the young up-and-coming team for part of these playoff runs which was exciting...but at some point we peaked and started losing A LOT of players through attrition.

You don't just keep getting better on a linear scale from year-to-year. You have to draft well and supplement your losses.

By not signing Tier 1, 2, and 3 free agents...and relying almost exclusively on the draft...these past 4 subpar drafts have really hurt the Bengals on field product going forward.

Is there hope? Yes. If guys like Jackson and Billings turn into great Pro's. If guys like Dennard finally starts playing well. If a guy like Paul Dawson comes out of nowhere to be great. If we draft 2-3 Pro Bowl players this year.

Kinda like politics, eh?  I mean, I'm an independent/third party kinda guy....people will talk to me as long as I'm touting their sides' accolades, but as soon as I point out a flaw in their side....I'm a nazi or a libtard, and they shut down.

Takes me back to the homer/hater fracas on the old board.  I could see legitimacy in both sides, and their flaws.....but depending on who you were speaking with, and what stance you were taking....you could be either one at any given time!

I prefer realist. Wink

However, I can admit, I've had to be talked off the ledge a time or two in the FA period.....even a little bit this year....shit pisses me off! LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Since the Bengals last playoff win... - Wyche'sWarrior - 04-27-2017, 05:43 PM