Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend
(04-27-2017, 08:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: This generated a serious question I have in all of this. This is something from the Hadith, not the Koran (correct me if I am wrong, anyone, I am not an expert on these things). The Hadith are interpretations and commentary on Mohammed and the Koran by people at the apex of the religion at various times. So, it would be like the writings of Popes.

If you are not a true Muslim unless you follow the Hadith, then would that not also mean that you are not a true Christian unless you follow the writings of the Popes?

I understand there are denominations that have broken off, especially being a Lutheran, but the Catholic Church is the OG. Just like in Islam there are many members that follow some of the original interpretations but there are also many that do not. So why would it make a Muslims not a true Muslim if they did not follow the Hadith, but a Christian is still a true Christian even though they don't follow the teachings of the Catholic Church.

I'm not sure TBH.

I mean it's been 2000+ years of Popes writing and changing things.

I *do* know that when the Pope is infallible that becomes cannon.  Now after 12+ years of Catholic school teaching I can say I don't remember being told that you had to follow everything the Pope said or you were not a "true Catholic" but that the Pope was our leader and we should respect what he says.

Now that I've been out of school for 26 years I look more to how the Pope says we should live to more more Christ like than following his words to the letter.

I have many problems with what the physical church on earth has become.  And allowing other humans to interpret and tell us what is the only way to be a "true" whatever is one of them.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend - GMDino - 04-27-2017, 09:17 PM