Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend
(04-27-2017, 08:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: This generated a serious question I have in all of this. This is something from the Hadith, not the Koran (correct me if I am wrong, anyone, I am not an expert on these things). The Hadith are interpretations and commentary on Mohammed and the Koran by people at the apex of the religion at various times. So, it would be like the writings of Popes.

Matt, you know this is not remotely the case.  Good luck finding a muslim who will renounce the Hadith.  They may apply more importance to certain sections or less to others but it is viewed as far more important than the writings of the popes.

Quote:If you are not a true Muslim unless you follow the Hadith, then would that not also mean that you are not a true Christian unless you follow the writings of the Popes?

Sure, assuming the faiths are identical templates, but they aren't.  

Quote:I understand there are denominations that have broken off, especially being a Lutheran, but the Catholic Church is the OG. Just like in Islam there are many members that follow some of the original interpretations but there are also many that do not. So why would it make a Muslims not a true Muslim if they did not follow the Hadith, but a Christian is still a true Christian even though they don't follow the teachings of the Catholic Church.

You'd have to ask muslims this.  I think it's likely due to the fact that christianity has moved past its barbaric theocratic period, largely because western society demanded it, while islam has actually regressed.  As I said above, finding a muslim who will renounce the words of the Hadith is like finding hen's teeth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-27-2017, 11:28 PM