Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some interesting info on John Ross
(04-28-2017, 01:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: To be fair many in this forum argue players like AJM don't have as much value regardless of production due to being drafted in round 5. How many of these guys were drafted top 10 in an NFL draft? What would have our fan reaction have been if we had used our 1st round pick on any of these guys back when they were drafted?

BTW..I ma starting to heat up to our pick of Ross, but I can see why some disagree and should not be chastised or say they are ill informed if they disagree.

1. You're twisting what's been said about Mac. I've never said "regardless of production". I've always said that he hasn't shown enough production (4 starts) to say he's worth a 1st round pick when he was a 5th rounder coming out. I'm not the only one who feels that way, as this was posted by CBS just 2 days ago:

Quote:It should come as no surprise that teams with sought-after backups would set their asking price as high as possible, but the Bengals appear to be shooting for the moon with what they're looking for in exchange for backup AJ McCarron. According to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, the Bengals want at least a first-round pick in exchange for McCarron's services. 

It's worth noting that McCarron is a former fifth-round pick that has thrown all of 119 NFL passes since being drafted in 2014. He acquitted himself fairly well in three starts at the end of the 2015 season when Andy Dalton went down with a broken thumb on his throwing hand, but McCarron struggled badly during the Bengals' first-round playoff loss to the Steelers

He's certainly considered a high-quality backup, but it's not exactly clear that there's evidence to support him being a quality starter. Getting a first-round pick for a player with his pedigree and track record seems extraordinarily unlikely.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-reportedly-want-at-least-a-first-round-pick-for-backup-aj-mccarron/

2. I'm allowed to disagree with those who hate the pick, and I'm just showing evidence as to why many of the things that are being said are false. Unfortunately, it appears many are ill informed, and I can and will point it out tyvm. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some interesting info on John Ross - Shake n Blake - 04-28-2017, 01:33 PM