Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did we draft a Michael Johnson clone in round 3?
(04-29-2017, 12:03 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Bodine is still under contract and they just signed TJ Johnson to an extension.  I know fans are hoping we take a center, but the Bengals have made no indications that they consider the position an area of need.  At least not in the earlier rounds.

Any center drafted before the 4th round is a wasted pick in Mikey Brown's eyes. And after Zietler wanted market value I see the OG getting the same disdainful sneer from the grand fart master Mikey boy.

We selected an MJ clone to replace MJ.

We selected Mixon because his running style gave Mikey Brown flash backs of Corey Dillion. When I saw the clips of Mixon running the first back that came to mind for me was Dillion. This draft reminds me of the 90s, I'm afraid to say - risky picks in hopes of hitting a grandslam. And Mike Brown's track record using his strategy is about 10 strikeouts per home run - not good. The not so good part is that the team passed on better overall players when you account for smarts, attitude, health and talent. Talking about the first two rounds here, not the Willis pick.

Ross may very well start 16 games in each of the next 3 years or his injuries may just follow him to the NFL. Risky for a top 10 pick. We only need to look back to 2015 when we selected Ogbuehi in the 1st - his injuries followed him and he not only hasn't shown he can do the job, he's shown that he can't do the job. Mikey boy's response was to try and prove to one and all that the team was right to select Ogbuehi by low balling Whit and sending him packing. Look at the confidence we have in Oggieboggie boy, never mind his 11 failed starts.

Mixon may turn out to be a Cory Dillion clone or he very well could be another Lawrence Phillips. Risky. A pure roll of the dice cause I can assure you that this team has no idea how this guy is going to react to some drunk girl in a bar who gets in his face for woman beating. Risky.

Typical 90s Mike Brown draft in the first two round this year, roll the dice while kneeling down reciting the Lord's Prayer 20 times and using the weejee board to confirm a player's future. I swear that's how Mikey boy made selections in the 90s. It was pure desperation back in the 90s and we drafted with lots of "ifs" attached to players.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why did we draft a Michael Johnson clone in round 3? - BengalChris - 04-29-2017, 01:27 AM