Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts On Ross and Who Would You Have Taken?
I think that one thing we should all learn at this point is that the NFL draft isn't going to be about just one player for the Bengals.

It's about a group of guys and a plan. I have done a complete 180 on the ROSS pick than I said before the draft.

Frankly, after seeing how the draft fell and what the Bengals did in the first 2 days: Ross, Mixon, Willis, + an additional 4th, I don't think there is one player I would have taken besides Ross at #9. Looking at the first 2 days, it was the perfect pick for the Bengals.

- DE? Nah. They got a very highly rated guy (late 1st round talent) in the 3rd.
- OL? Nah. Not at #9. They have lots of young OL on their roster and this is a crappy draft for OL. Maybe later.
- RB? Nah. They got who I think is the best RB talent in the draft.
- LB? Nah. Not at #9. They have several strong, young LBs on the roster already. Plus, they don't go 3 lbs very often
- CB? Nah. Nobody at #9 worth that. The draft is super deep at CB. Plenty still left and the Bengals have 3 4th rounders today. Just like with the DL spot, why take a guy in early when you can get a similar guy late?
- S? Nah. Nobody left at #9 better than Ross. Maybe Hooker, but they have 4 young Safeties who are on the come up. Hooker wouldn't be able to get on the field and would cause a salary cap logjam back there.
- DT? Nah. Nobody at DT that is was worth the #9.
- TE? Maybe? But the Bengals have stated that they want to resign Eifert who, when helathy, is the 2nd best TE in the league. Whether you disagree with resigning Eifert or not, I don't think that OJ Howard is much different than Jermain Gresham - who was just OK. Plus, they have 3 TEs, plus Hewitt already on the roster. I see Uzomah as a star in the making, plus this draft is loaded with TE talent. If they grab one later, I think that is the wiser move given the current roster makeup.

So that just leaves...
- WR? YES. With the #9 pick the Bengals got the best WR on the board. Special, unique, adds a major something they don't have. Perfect pick. A+
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts On Ross and Who Would You Have Taken? - PDub80 - 04-29-2017, 10:38 AM