Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Guys are A Bunch of Babies
(04-29-2017, 10:51 AM)Beaker Wrote: I am happy we didnt take Cook. I saw too many times when he was taken down with first contact. Yes, he hits HRs when given holes, but Mixon runs with speed, elusiveness AND power also. That was the element missing from Cook to me.

As for Mixon's incident...a couple of things:

1. It's reaaly hard for 18 yo's (especially from troubled backgrounds) not to think they are kings by the way we treat athletes. Add to that the fact he was drunk and you have a recipe for disaster just waiting to happen. Whether that's getting into a fight, smoking weed, DUI, or hitting a girl. Just think of how many athletes have some character knock on them coming out of college. Its partially the product of the messages they get from society.

2. Without victim blaming, I am really over women screaming for equal rights....but buffet style...only picking which ones apply to them. Equal pay...yup, we'll take that. Paying for dinner on dates....nope, you guys can keep that one, etc. She assaulted him first. She pushed, then slapped him. That's assault too. If a guy had done that to him, he would not have been near as demonized. It would have been considered a fight. She shouldn't act like a man, then not expect to get hit back like a man. Granted, he is just as guilty because he committed assault too. But just because she was a woman doesn't make her assault less.

3. Mixon truly seems to regret his actions. He has stayed clean since, and he has taken responsibility. The woman and he have settled in court, and they reportedly met alone afterwords, talked it out and put it behind them so they could each move on. That says alot about the character of both...that they would both have the courage to face each other and talk. 

4. I do not have near the problem with the Mixon pick that I do with retaining Adam Jones. Mixon has shown an effort to reform so far....Jones is a repeat offender. You forgive someone who repents...not someone who repeats.
This is it right here. Well said.

Messages In This Thread
RE: You Guys are A Bunch of Babies - McC - 04-29-2017, 11:04 AM
RE: You Guys are A Bunch of Babies - The Real Deal - 04-29-2017, 11:14 AM
RE: You Guys are A Bunch of Babies - Steve - 04-29-2017, 11:22 AM
RE: You Guys are A Bunch of Babies - Steve - 04-29-2017, 12:56 PM
RE: You Guys are A Bunch of Babies - Steve - 04-29-2017, 11:29 AM
RE: You Guys are A Bunch of Babies - Steve - 04-29-2017, 12:45 PM