Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Meanwhile, as we question the character of draft picks...
I don't think this is liberal/conservative or anything...this is just a junk post. I'm sorry. I'm all for abstract thoughts, views and perspectives. Differing opinions can open up subjects, topics and understanding into each other.

That being said, reaching for a Skip Bayless like topic like this is just absurd. For starters, the NFL is far from slavery. These guys live a dream that so many young kids (and grown men like myself) dream of every day. This is an opportunity even lottery odds can't cover. They get paid millions to play a job most of them truly ENJOY. How many people can say that? There is no equivalent to slavery, nor should the subject be brought up for the sake of doing so.

Yeah, I think there is a degree of exploitation in the NFL. It is a major corporation/business after all. They all run on some sort of money machine designed to bring a continuous revenue stream. The NFL lives and breathes off its players. That is the only 'connection' it has to slavery (and that most are african american, but even then, many races were slaves too).

I'm sorry. Perhaps I missed the post, but this is a large leap in logic. Just doesn't really seem necessary for the Jungle Noise forum.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot

Messages In This Thread
RE: Meanwhile, as we question the character of draft picks... - The Caped Crusader - 04-30-2017, 07:59 AM