Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Meanwhile, as we question the character of draft picks...
(04-30-2017, 08:14 AM)xxlt Wrote: First, I put it in JN rather than P&R because I know a ton of regulars never go to P&R and the OP really is about how we as sports fans participate in the exploitation to feed a money machine that you admit in your post above does in fact exist. So, I wanted to see what sports fans felt about that issue - and as you agree, it is real. In case you didn't realize it, I highlighted the part of your post where you did agree about that.

I don't know who Skip Bayless is, but I guess that was supposed to be some sort of dig. But since you then agreed there is exploitation and that the NFL is a, "money machine... [of] continuous revenue... [that] lives and breathers off its players.." I guess you kind of have a little of the ol' Skipper in you too? I'm sure you can learn to live with it or if you can't maybe there is a 12 step group for it...

Now, I did it on draft weekend because I know everyone has their draft chubby this weekend and anyone who says boo to anything football related that is not the Joe Mixon pick is going to get a nearly allergic reaction of contempt. And we have seen that in the thread. But that is OK, I still wanted to raise the question because 1.) it is what I was thinking about yesterday after visiting the forums for a while and 2.) I am genuinely curious what those capable of more serious thought have to say about it.

I'm fascinated that you can apparently both see and not see the parallels and sorry that if offends you that it is in JN. Just looking to see what sports fans would say. And I realize that I probably should have waited until 4 hours after the draft for their tumescence to wear off, but it was on my mind so I posted it.

This belongs in P&R.  The reasoning "Not as many people will see it." is not a valid excuse for putting it in Jungle Noise. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Meanwhile, as we question the character of draft picks... - BonnieBengal - 04-30-2017, 08:32 AM