Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Meanwhile, as we question the character of draft picks...
(04-30-2017, 08:51 AM)xxlt Wrote: Moderators are certainly free to move it if they wish. It is about football, not about politics or religion. It is about what it means to be a fan. Are all the threads about Joe Mixon in P&R? No. People question his character, and the pick but it is in the football forum. But shouldn't JN be restricted to his YPC, where he lines up, and whether he starts? Why is his character being discussed here? That is a religious matter, or at least not a football matter...

This thread is asking what culpability fans have for what the NFL in general and their team in particular does. People are questioning Mixon's character (and other draft picks as well) and I am questioning my own character and that of my fellow fans. I heard WCPO TV channel in Cincinnati did the same thing with an editorial asking people to take any money they would have spent on Bengals tickets or merchandise and instead donating to a shelter for battered women, and to never financially support the team again. I wonder if any fans are thinking about that?

I think that is football related more so than mock drafts or threads about a single pick. This is about football and football fans ergo JN. Now if many football people aren't capable of thinking seriously about it - and there is some evidence of that - and if more people tackle more serious topics in Klotsch or P&R or other subforums that isn't a reason to put it in the wrong place either. It just means there are more serious conversations in other subforums, but this is still about football and I want as many football fans as possible to weigh in. By the way, what is your opinion on it other than you didn't want to see it in JN?

Joe Mixon is a Cincinnati Bengal, making it a Cincinnati Bengal discussion.  Your thread is a political statement about the NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Meanwhile, as we question the character of draft picks... - BonnieBengal - 04-30-2017, 09:01 AM