Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend
(04-30-2017, 01:25 PM)GMDino Wrote:  

Quite.  Your disdain for all things that disagree with your otherwise perfect understanding of things gets rather boring.

No, I have disdain for you and Fred because you're dishonest and you dodge and avoid all points that you can't address.  I disagree with many other posters on several subjects without the rancor associated with you and your mentor.  I've said it before, you're the new TommyC/St. Lucie.  I view you the same way I view them.

Quote:The entire quote was used...with a link to the discussion you were responding to.  Nothing out of context.  Live with your words.

I do live with them and I'll reiterate my objection to a study I believe to be fatally flawed.  I explained this, you disagree with my assertion.  Great.  The fact that you want to believe it doesn't automatically nullify my concerns or points, it just means you disagree with me.

Quote:Totally agree.  I believe in sourcing and links so persons can read for themselves even if it was copied word for word.

Which explains your defending someone who isn't doing precisely that.  Your outrage is always predicated by the person, not the act.

Quote:(We use to have a poster on the older boards who did that frequently.  Same guy who use to say "I didn't say that" if I remember correctly.)

Who are you referring to?

Quote:However I also understand that some will completely ignore/blatantly disregard sources they don't agree with for reason like the ones you gave above.  Namely: You don't believe them. So I can understand why they may have forgotten or simply didn't provide a link.

Of course.  Is your assertion that posting a source makes that source unimpeachable?  Especially when the source is a study, not an established fact.  If I source scientific proof that the Earth revolves around the Sun I'd expect little to no dissension.  If I post a link to a survey, you know, like one about muslim attitudes in the UK, I'd expect some questions or disagreements as to the findings of the survey.  Just like you did, hypocritically.

Quote:Although, for the record, Dill did include the title of a book to which he was referring on some of his points.

Derp, as a reference for further study on the topic.

Quote:Indeed.

Have a GREAT day! ThumbsUp

You keep making zero points and posting gifs.  Every court needs its jester. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-30-2017, 01:38 PM