Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rookie Play Time
The draft was great, but the real question to me is how much time do these rookies actually get. How many snaps are the coaches going to let them play?

Every year we get a ton of great talent and then squander it their rookie years. Why does it feel so familiar to feel this high after draft day only to be let down with a lack of opportunity for the rookies.

John Ross - We all want him to be out there every play, but will he? I feel like our coaching staff will leave Green and Lafell out there all the time. Throw Eifert in there and you only have rom for one more WR. Will it be Ross? I'm not so sure with this coaching staff. They will probably switch out Ross and Boyd. But why draft Ross #9 if you are only going to use him on 10-15 snaps a game. I want him out there every snap.

Mixon - I hear people saying he is going to tear up the league, he is 'just like Leveon Bell!'. Why would it not surprise me if Marvin made the kid sit behind Jeremy Hill an entire season. Well the kid needs to learn patience obviously. No better way to learn than doing absolutely nothing on the bench!

Willis and Lawson - While I really think these guys are good, better than guys we have drafted in the past, what makes them different than a Will Clarke? Clarke is not nearly as talented as these guys, don't get me wrong, but he has barely touched the field. I don't feel like the coaches have given any young guys a fair chance on the D-line in a long time. Are the coaches gonna change their ways now?

Josh Malone - ^^^ see Ross analysis, this guy won't even touch the field.. if he does we have injuries

I'm just not so certain that these guys will contribute right away. It seems to never happen. I hope I'm wrong.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Rookie Play Time - GreenCornBengal - 04-30-2017, 01:52 PM
RE: Rookie Play Time - jason - 04-30-2017, 08:32 PM
RE: Rookie Play Time - BengalFanInNJ - 04-30-2017, 09:08 PM
RE: Rookie Play Time - BengalChris - 04-30-2017, 09:52 PM
RE: Rookie Play Time - fredtoast - 04-30-2017, 11:04 PM
RE: Rookie Play Time - GreenCornBengal - 05-01-2017, 01:00 AM
RE: Rookie Play Time - Au165 - 05-01-2017, 03:50 PM
RE: Rookie Play Time - The Caped Crusader - 05-01-2017, 01:45 AM
RE: Rookie Play Time - Bengal Dude - 05-01-2017, 03:44 PM
RE: Rookie Play Time - XenoMorph - 05-01-2017, 04:36 PM