Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What vets are in for a fight for a roster spot this season
(04-30-2017, 02:10 PM)Whatever Wrote: I agree.  Ross and Mixon can return kicks, but they are too valuable to risk giving them the duty full time.  They will be guys used in desperate "We need a big return" situations.  We saw how long they stuck with Tate, and Erickson was a lot better than him last year, so a guy like Malone will have to outdo him by a wide margin to win the job.  Plus, Erickson was more productive as a WR in last year's preseason than Core.  Core is squarely on the outside looking in, especially since I believe he still has PS eligibility and Erickson does not.

A sleeper guy that could be on the bubble is Peerman.  Howard Wilson has played RB in addition to CB, so he would be a guy that could they could keep as the 4th RB that would also effectively give them an extra DB.  

I just don't see them risking Ross's knees using him on returns. And I think you are right about Peermean being on the bubble. Don't sleep on Boom Williams if Gio is not ready to go...

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What vets are in for a fight for a roster spot this season - Sled21 - 04-30-2017, 02:25 PM