Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What vets are in for a fight for a roster spot this season
(04-30-2017, 12:11 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Not to early to.start thinking about how the roster will be shaping up come September?
Tobin and Lewis have infused this roster with some young hungry 2017 Draft picks.
Some familiar faces will be not be in orange and black when we play the Ravens
Any thoughts who gets cut
I'm gonna give it a go.

C Russell Bodine
TE Tyler Kroft
QB Jeff Driskel
WR Alex Erickson Cody Core

NT Pat Sims Brandon Thompson
DE Will Clarke Wallace Gilberry
LB PJ Dawson
CB Adam Jones
K Randy Bullock

I don't see Pat Sims' job in jeopardy. He's the best backup we have for Billings.

Thompson and Hardison, both of whom are oft injured are the likely done with the Bengals. Hardison has yet to record a single tackle in 2 years with the team and Thompson didn't play a single down last year.

Gilberry is too versatile to be let go unless a rookie really shines.

Adam Jones isn't going anywhere and Mike Brown has all but stated this.

Dawson and Flowers haven't done anything to date, so no reason to expect they'll stick around either.

Paul Alexander has had 3 year love affair with Bodine and there's no sign it will end this year. In fact, look for the team to extend Bodine. I know it blows, but for whatever reason the team just likes the guy.

Core didn't play well when he got his shot last year, so he's going to have to beat out Erickson to stick around.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What vets are in for a fight for a roster spot this season - BengalChris - 04-30-2017, 02:31 PM