Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Cincinnati campus officer shoots and kills unarmed black male
(07-30-2015, 09:06 AM)GMDino Wrote: If the officer asks something out of bounds?  If they start demanding you do things you don't have to do?

I do the same as you, but then I'm a middle aged white guy.  I'm not really afraid of being shot in the face as I am not their target audience so to speak.

What did he ask him that was "out of bounds"? To take his seat belt off? 

Obviously he shouldn't have been shot, but this is a red herring/straw man if I've ever seen one.

(07-30-2015, 09:38 AM)Beaker Wrote: I would question the officer to make sure I heard him correctly, then do as he asks. If it was something out of bounds, I would take it up in court later. Hopefully a dash cam or body cam would support my case. But arguing, or struggling with a person who is armed and has the ability to use deadly force does not make sense to me. Maybe the end result is I am wronged, but I am also alive.

Yep. Deal with all armed people the same, and you'll stay alive. Whether you're being arrested or mugged, nothing is worth making the armed guy nervous. Keep your hands visible, follow instructions, and move slowly. Nothing they want from you is worth your life, sort it out afterwards.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cincinnati campus officer shoots and kills unarmed black male - Ryuko - 08-03-2015, 05:37 PM