Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Brandon Wilson is my favorite draft pick.
(04-30-2017, 01:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great stuff on Wilson Fred. Why did he fall so far?

(04-30-2017, 01:54 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Why did he go so low in the draft? I don't know anything about the guy, does he have off field issues?

(04-30-2017, 01:59 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Interesting stuff. It doesn't need asked again but I too can't help but wonder why he fell so far?

(04-30-2017, 02:23 PM)eoxyod Wrote: To answer all previous questions:
Because he is more athlete than football player. But that is what I want out of my late picks always

Also iirc they drafted him to play RB

So, a few notes on B Will

- They drafted him based on athleticism. He played several positions at Houston, but never saw the field a lot at any one spot. Jack of all trades, master of none kind of kid.

- If this guy sticks it will be based on long term developmental potential and ST abilities.

- He will be initially listed as a S, which is why Coyle and the DB coaches worked him out. As of draft day they are developing him there and NOT at RB. He is athletic enough, and big enough at 5-11, 200 to do lots of things.

- I think the Bengals like their 4 safeties a lot, but recognize the need to bolster ST and develop behind guys.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Brandon Wilson is my favorite draft pick. - PDub80 - 04-30-2017, 04:42 PM